Yesterday was the two month mark for my little Noah. Let's see, what's new? We get tons of smiles these days. I absolutely love it! We have lots of fun lying him down and tickling him and making funny faces. He always smiles when I raise my voice, tickle him, and then either kiss or pinch his cheeks or poke his nose. It is adorable! He is starting to get into a routine, kind of. He now sleeps for 4-6 hours at a time overnight, with just one middle of the night feeding, depending on when we put him down. He usually whines and fusses around 8:30-9:00 every night, no matter when he was last fed, so that's quickly becoming his bedtime. Then he'll wake up between 1:00 and 4:00 for a feeding and diaper change. Sometimes he's not even crying, just squawking and kicking. He usually wants a late morning and late afternoon nap. When he's awake during the day he's very alert and playful. It's amazing how much easier things have gotten since he was one month! Although being away from home has been a little difficult, mostly for me I think. I hate being out of my routine, without my chair, and changing table, etc. But he's sleeping well in his pack and play and the crib Brian's mom bought, so it must be bothering him less.
I really hate to admit it, but I had my first major mommy blunder this morning. As I was switching sides during feeding, I dropped Noah. He fell about 2 feet head first onto the carpeted floor. I think my heart literally stopped. He cried immediately and I scooped him up and held him close and kissed his poor little head over and over. He settled down quickly and finished his feeding. I called our clinic back in CO and they had the ER from Children's Hospital call me. They asked me questions and guessed that he was ok, but suggested that we go to an ER. I used to work in a hospital just a few miles from my mom's house, so I felt very comfortable taking him there. The doctor gave him a quick look-over and assessed that he's fine. I feel awful though. What a nightmare. No Mother-of-the-Year nomination this year. :(
We're still enjoying our trip, but I'm also looking forward to getting home. As long as Noah stays as happy as he has been and continues to sleep so well, things will be fine! (With no more drops from Mommy!)
Another family photo in front of East Battle Lake
(Noah is looking very suave)
A big smile for daddy on Father's Day
Snuggling with Grandma Cheri
Two month photo

Cute family pic and what great smiles!
ReplyDeleteNoah is so cute! I love his smiles. If it makes you feel any better, I had a mommy-blunder too. I was trimming Charlotte's fingernails and accidentally nipped the tip of her thumb. It wasn't enough to bleed, but she let me know that it HURT and that I should never do it again. I asked my mother to trim her nails the next time it was necessary. I still have a hard time doing it, so her nails are a little longer than they should be. But at least she has outgrown accidentally scratching her face.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I'm guessing all mommies (and daddies) have their blunders. Babies are remarkably resilient and have terrifically short memories. They'll still love us, in spite of it all.
Sorry for the drop. I bet it'll happen to all of us at some point. Glad he's ok and settling into a nice routine.
ReplyDelete