Thursday, August 26, 2010

4 Month Appointment

Finding the time to blog is getting harder. Especially since the time that I do have now is so precious and I want to spend it all with Noah. If only I didn't have to work. However, I kind of feel a little more sane and balanced now that I'm back to the grind. Some days I almost drove myself mad obsessing over whether Noah ate enough or peed enough. Now I just enjoy my time with him and let everything else go. Having my friend watch him during the day is also just so amazing, and really lets me relax when I'm away. I feel so extremely lucky and blessed for this to have worked out so well. Seeing Noah "play" with her 7 month old is way too cute. And she sends me text messages and pictures of him during the day. Love it!

Monday was Noah's four month appointment. He has doubled his birthweight exactly, so he is now 13lbs 8oz. He was 24.5 inches, but every time they measure him it's totally different. Supposedly he shrunk since last time, so I don't trust it at all. I can't believe how much he has grown! The pediatrician gave us the green light for solids, but I feel like I want to wait a little still. There's something so special to me knowing that I am supporting his growth with breastmilk alone. And selfishly, I don't want to deal with funky poop. The runny wet stuff is easy and not too smelly. I guess I'll have to let go of that sometime though.

1 comment:

  1. These kiddos are growing so fast! Glad things are falling in to a routine!


    And oh the smelly poop! We started solids... and the poop (and the fart) s.t.i.n.k.s already! :)

    ReplyDelete