Sunday, August 22, 2010

4 Months!


Yesterday was the 4 month mark. It's amazing how long 4 months seemed to take when I was pregnant, and how fast 4 months has gone by since! Noah continues to amaze us every day with all of his new skills and interests.

So what is Noah doing now?
  • Sucking on his hands. He can't get enough. He has gotten so aggressive at it that he has left hickeys and bruises on his arm from chomping down so hard.
  • Sometimes when he's attacking his arms, he rolls onto his side. He can roll completely over from front to back. Still no back to front rolling action though.
  • When lying down, he will sometimes raise his butt up in the air and scoot backwards with his legs. He can turn himself 90 degrees if he keeps at it long enough.
  • He likes looking at the baby in the mirror. He smiles and smiles, until he sees mom and realizes that somehow she's holding another baby. Then he cries.
  • If he's sitting in our laps, he tries to stand up. He loves to stand with support.
  • He loves his Fisher Price Jumperoo. Just yesterday, at exactly 4 months, he started pushing himself to stand in it, leaning forward and reaching for the toys on it. Some are connected with a tether, and he kept knocking them over the side and then grunting in frustration. It was hilarious!
  • He's become a little drool monster!
  • He started wearing size 2 diapers last week. We have blow-outs from time to time, straight up the back. Messy!
  • Bottle feeding is going well during the week. Usually he eats 4-4.5 ounces per feeding. My pumping output is about 12 ounces for two sessions, so I'm keeping up with him so far!
  • Watching Gilbert (our dog) is pretty entertaining for him.
  • He stays awake for about 90 minutes at a time, then naps for 45 minutes up to 2 hours. When he's sleepy he rubs his eyes with his hands or buries his face in my chest. As we put him down he shrieks something fierce, but usually falls asleep quickly. We haven't had to rock him to sleep in months!
  • Sleeping through the night has become pretty sporadic. Last night he graced me with 9 hours between feedings (woke up at 4:50am), but most nights he wakes me up around 1:00am.
  • He giggles more often. He thinks it's really funny if I bounce my face up and down right in front of him and make silly noises. He also laughs when I kiss his cheeks over and over.
  • His little hands reach for everything these days. When I'm changing him he grabs his onesie and yanks it towards his face. He also takes the cloth that I cover him with to prevent getting peed on and pulls it off of himself. Naughty little thing!
  • When I'm holding him on my hip, he wraps one arm around my shoulder to hold tight and grabs onto my shirt with his other hand. I love how he clings to me!
  • His blue eyes are starting to change. I'm curious to see the final result!
I'm sure there's so many other little things I've forgotten. It's hard to keep track of all his talents! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he's doing great! I'm jealous of your milk output while at work. :) How's work going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! so cute. He is adorable. I know it is really hard to keep blogging now that we are back to work and all. I agree one of the last things I want to do its get back on the computer when I get home. But it is so fun to see how well everyone is doing and how beautiful all these little babes are.

    ReplyDelete