Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ultrasound

This morning I was greeted by my favorite sonographer at my clinic. When I got pregnant with Noah, I thanked her on my graduation day for being so wonderful. Today I told her how relieved I was to see her face. I didn't want to see the lady from cancel day. She thanked me for the compliment. In her typical fashion, she pointed the screen towards me and explained everything she was doing. Although she never said one way or another if everything was ok, I was pretty sure it was. I knew she would tell me if she saw something, and I sure didn't see anything. I got dressed and waited in a room to meet with the nurse. She came in and asked me to re-explain why I was canceled last cycle (this was not the same nurse I saw before so she wasn't fully clued into the story). Then she said something like, "Well, Charlie (my usual nurse) already drew up a new calendar, so I think they expected everything to look fine today. And it does." PHEW! But at the same time, that's an interesting bit of information. They expected it to look fine. Hmm. Kind of losing faith...

Anyway, they didn't give me my calendar yet. She wants me to wait until my usual nurse gets back on Friday, at which point we'll take inventory of my meds and order anything I don't have enough of for this next attempt. Though I didn't get to take a copy of the calendar with me, she said I should be starting Lupron on August 28, the cycle will officially begin on September 10, and our tentative transfer date is Tuesday, September 25. I'm not going to mark it on my calendar or get too confident about it this time, but for now I feel relieved. We're moving forward, and that's the best direction to be headed!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything looks good! Totally makes you suspicious, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending wonderful thoughts your way for another beautiful success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO-HOO for a clean u/s!!! Expecting it to look clean is...well, curious. Happy we'll be cycle buddies =)

    ReplyDelete