We have now officially cracked and told all family. I'm still trying to remain cautious, and fully realize that things can still go wrong and there are no guarantees. But I did get a fortune cookie back in May that I held on to, because I'm hoping it's prophetic. It reads, "You will have full contentment by summer's end." I take my final beta on August 12, which is the last day of my summer vacation. That's pretty eerie. All I know is that after everything Brian and I have been through this year, we're due for some miracles.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
A+ for Effort
I'm happy to report that I slept so much better last night! This morning we got our punctual update from the embryologist. At this point, all 15 embryos have divided into 4 cells. I am still so amazed and excited! 13 are currently scoring A+'s, with 1B and 1C (Brian said that gives us a GPA of 3.8... I was always a good student.). So, she said it would be too difficult to choose the best ones tomorrow, meaning we will be going for a 5dt at 11:00 on Saturday! She cautioned us that typically only about 40-50% of them will make it to blastocysts, but that she's fully anticipating excellent embryos for the transfer and extras to freeze! I'm a little bummed that we won't get any more updates until Saturday, but so far so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is a great update!!! Grow embie babies... go stronger! {HUGS}
ReplyDeleteOooo, Saturday should be a good day. That's when my 3Day transfer will be. GOOD LUCK!
ReplyDeleteHello cycle sister. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's always weird to me that people want to read what I write ;-). We will even have betas will be on the same day. YAY!!! Praying for your embies. Grow embies! Grow!
ReplyDeleteThat is such an excellent start! Sending lots of growing embie vibes for Saturday and hoping for 15 grade A's to choooose from!!
ReplyDeletePeaches, thanks for your comments! I can't access your blog though. :(
ReplyDeleteYou started Lupron on the day of my 3day transfer. You started stimming the day I got my positive beta. Your transfer will be exactly when I reach the 6-weeks-pregnant mark. I think that means good luck, don't you? Congratulations on the beautiful embies! Sending sticky vibes for transfer day!
ReplyDelete15? That's a lot of kids, Lisa. You sure you're ready for that?? :) :) I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeletePs: I always wanted to be a school psychologist! I fell into clinical trials, but, sometimes I still think about it!
ReplyDelete