Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stressed Out

Breastfeeding is not going well. Friday was my birthday (the big three-o) and we had a small gathering of friends over at night for food and drinks. Somehow with the stress of trying to get the house and myself looking presentable, and taking care of Noah, I found very little time to eat anything all day. I was literally starving. And I ended up being the one to hold Noah most of the night, so I barely got to snack or eat at the party. Then yesterday we had a wedding to go to in the evening. I tried hard to eat and drink better during the day, but there ended up being a huge wait between ceremony and reception (2.5 hours!). When I got home I was feeling pretty engorged, so I pumped. It was the most watery milk I've ever seen. I stuck it in the fridge, and this morning there is virtually no fat in it at all. Currently, our house has no decent groceries. Brian left for the store, but in the meantime I still have nothing to eat while I wait. I am super stressed out. So much so that I swore at two Mormons who came to our door this morning. We have a polite sign on the screen door asking that no one knock or ring the doorbell because we have a baby who may be sleeping and a dog who will bark. These two idiots still knocked, and then as I took Jesus' name in vain and swore about how they were waking up our baby, they had the balls to ask if there was anything they could help us with! Um yeah, go away. And I guess pray for me, because I'm probably going to hell. Oh, and I slammed the door in their face. Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. You need to give yourself a huge pat on the back. Nursing is hard work. It's a huge commitment. You have done really well, and you need to give yourself credit for that.

    And don't feel bad about the Mormons. They chose to ignore your sign. I once called a air base near our house when the boys were young. We lived in an area with a lot of swimming pools, it was summer, and I swear they used to fly low and look at the women sunning by the pools. Kevin was a baby, and by some miracle both Kevin and Brian were sleeping at once. I was exhausted, so I lay down for a nap. Then a helicopter flew so low over the house the glass in the windows rattled and it woke up both boys. I called the base and read them the riot act. They swore they had no helicopters in the air, but I did not believe them. Don't mess with a tired and stressed mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you can, after such a busy weekend, take a day or two to relax and just take care of yourself and Noah. When I feel run down and worn out, I try to do that and it somehow makes everything right. Charlotte settles back into her normal routine. My milk remarkably returns to normal. You don't have to be Super Mom.

    And the Mormons asked for what they got, and I'm sure they started praying for your soul as soon as you slammed the door. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh about the Mormons - they were definitely asking for it. Sorry to hear BF is rough. Hope it settles back to normal when life settles down again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha...OMG, the part about the Mormons is TOO funny!

    Sorry to hear BFing isn't' going as smoothly as you'd like. Hopefully with some fresh groceries, your body will do a little better with it!

    ReplyDelete