Friday, August 17, 2012

Calendar

The nurse emailed me the calendar this morning. It's pretty much the same plan as before, except this time there's an additional ultrasound scheduled on the first day of the cycle. I was happy to see that, because I was going to ask for it anyways. There will also be less estrogen support, but not by much. Just a couple less patches. The nurse also sent me a letter for my employers to let them know that I am "undergoing treatments" and I will be on "medically necessary bed rest" from September 25-27. She asked me how subtle it needed to be, but what can you do when it's on letterhead from a place called "Conceptions Reproductive Associates?" Ha ha.

Today is my last real day of summer vacation. Then it's just the weekend, like everyone else. I'm sad, but there's more complex feelings there, too. I've never dreaded going back to work so much in my life. I know part of it is just because last year was a really hard, really stressful year. I am afraid that this year will be no different. But it's more than just that. I have this feeling that summer can't be over because I'm not pregnant yet. I can't go back to work yet because, "Hey wait!, something is missing here!" How can it be time to go back if I'm not pregnant? I want a do over. Brian is already back to work though, so I know it's really happening. I'm so not ready.

3 comments:

  1. I can understand why you're feeling that way. I'm sorry you're already back to work next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you went to Conceptions too...the similarities just keep coming =) Is Tanya your FET coordinator? Sorry work is coming...maybe it'll serve as a distraction through our cycle. Wishing you a much less stressful year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure anyone in Education is ready to go back. I'm blue, too, and mine is a week away. Can't shake the blues. I almost wish we had school year round so that we didn't go through such craziness every fall. Hang in there, Sweetie. Hope this year is better for you.

    ReplyDelete