Saturday, September 29, 2012

Annoyed

Yesterday the new needles arrived. This morning Brian opened up the box, and guess what? They are the exact same stupid needles! I called both the specialty pharmacy who shipped them and my clinic. The pharmacy told me they could not find an order for a shorter needle and told me to contact my clinic. My clinic didn't fucking call me back. So tomorrow I will be forced to use the 1.5" again. I guess I'll just show up tomorrow morning and demand someone fix this. Maybe I'm only saying this because I have had a headache for the last several days and my backside is killing me, but if this cycle doesn't work out, I am dropping my clinic like a bad habit. The doctor who gave us Noah opened his own clinic a little further away from us, and I am ready to switch. I feel like he would listen to me a little more. And so far our success rate with him has been 100%. No brainer.

Symptom watch at 4dp5dt: headache behind my left eye radiating towards my left temple (it's been a real treat!), on/off burning menstrual like cramps which seem to come from my ovaries, general yucky feeling yesterday which has completely subsided, fatigue, one awful hot flash/anxiety attack Thursday night which kept me up for about 2 hours (that was also fun!), zero pain or swelling in the chest, a little more emotional than normal but I'm chalking it up to my physical misery and irritation I feel towards my doctor

My best guess is that I will see a BFN on Thursday. I did have a dream that I had a baby boy and it occurred to me, "Hey, it must have worked." But no, I don't think it did.

9 comments:

  1. Just some advice on the 1.5" needles (I am a nurse)...you can still use them, just don't go in all the way. I assume they will send you the same gauge needle (thickness) anyway--the only difference will be the length. So, try to just insert about 1" and inject the PIO way.

    I am completely anti-PIO unless you absolutely need it. Crinone is the way to go! I hope you don't have to change clinics because this cycle worked...but if you do I am all for you being comfortable and heard!

    GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, I just reconnected with your blog and am SO sorry that you are going through all of this. I will be thinking about you and hope that this cycle is not a bust- that you end up with another precious boy or girl. I also shared your blog with a friend of mine who is going through similar struggles and is about to start her 2nd round of IVF. She has a daughter and would like one more but doesn't have any embryos. She also lives in the denver area but I don't know what clinic she uses. I hope you both find success!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! That really sucks. I think Dr A will take great care of you if it comes to that. The wait sucks...if you're anything like me one day your 100% sure it worked and then the next 100% sure it didn't. I was that way on my fresh that worked and my FET that didn't so who knows. Sounds like you're doing good at staying away from the sticks...nice work =) Keeping everything crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of this stuff that's happening with the PIO and your symptom watch tells you what's really going on in there...you really never know! Your restraint in not peeing on every stick in sight is remarkable (unless you're just being coy about it....) but Thursday is around the corner and THEN you'll know for sure. I am betting on optimism for you. :) But if needed, switching clinics sounds like a good idea given the headache this one has caused you. I sure hope that's a moot point come Thursday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how different clinics are. Mine only does prometrium 200mg vaginally three times a day. The ooze is annoying, but it's so much better than stabbing your butt so much with pretty big needles. I don't think there's any evidence that PIO works better than prometrium, so I don't know why they're making you stay on something you hate. I don't think a shorter needle will help so much as a smaller gauge, and I'm not sure how small you can go with PIO since it can be thicker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep in mind that each pregnancy can have different symptoms. I know people, for example, who had a lot of morning sickness with one, and none with the next. So differing symptoms may not be meaningful. I am keeping positive thoughts for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reason I was given by my RE a few years ago (when doing IVF to try for #1) that they prefer PIO in many cases is that the majority of/best well controlled clinical trials for IVF protocols and outcomes have used PIO, compared with scattered trials or clinic anecdotal evidence for the vaginal delivery. So it is in theory based on scientific merit. But when we did another IVF cycle for #2, I was offered the crinone option (since I had already done 3 previous cycles with PIO, I just stuck with it). So there must be a shift in thought on that, or else more clinical evidence has accumulated. The best evidence would be a side by side comparison of PIO to vaginal delivery, but I'm too lazy to check PubMed to see if that's been done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I'm so sorry you were feeling so miserable. I've been trying to determine if I have any early signs of pregnancy too, but so far, nothing. I'm sure I'll be seeing a BFN on Monday.

    ReplyDelete