I can't take it anymore. PIO is not for me. I have massaged and heated the bejeezus out of my butt, and at this point I can barely walk. Trying to stand up, roll over, or climb stairs is brutal. Even just sitting/lying on the couch is ridiculously painful. I just left a message with the nurse line and told them that there are many things I will do to have a baby, but this is not one of them. Cross your fingers that they will let me do the suppositories. When they gave me my bloodwork results on Tuesday they said they want my progesterone level above 20, and it was 86. I think we're okay here people.
Symptom watch: there are none. Some cramps here and there, but I was having them before the transfer too. Last time I know my chest was swollen and sore pretty early, but right now the girls feel fine. I know FET and IVF are very different processes so I'll try not to read into anything. I am also enjoying constipation thanks to the progesterone I'm sure. Ahh, the two week wait is so glorious!
*UPDATE*
I spoke to one of my nurses. She told me they won't let me switch until we see a heartbeat. Brian and I did go in to meet with her though, because she was questioning our aim. In her opinion, we've been aiming a little low. She is also ordering me smaller needles. Right now I have 1.5" and she thinks we'll be okay at 1". I really hope these adjustments do the trick. I'm not just being a whiny baby. I literally cannot walk without looking either 42 weeks pregnant or 100 years old with a bad hip. Every time I have to climb stairs I mumble expletives under my breath. This is so miserable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am just a random follower, but my clinic does not even use PIO anymore unless a patient requests it. They switched to Crinone 2 times a day for support. Although it doesn't show up in your blood level, it works great and provides progesterone directly to the uterine lining--studies have proven this. Besides the fact that you have to clean out the left over residue each day in the shower (or live with chucks coming out--no thank you), it is a lovely replacement for PIO. I was on it this FET pregnancy until 12 weeks and my blood level never got above 9--but I had zero issues as a result. I highly recommend the switch!
ReplyDeleteHope they let you switch! I was on Prometrium suppositories 3x a day with my FET. Sorry your struggling so much =( Progesterone side effects are just cruel and so is the TWW. Crossing everything for you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and my blood levels on it were 13-15 but they said since it acts locally that was a-ok =)
ReplyDeleteI am apparently a stalker...sorry they won't let you switch. Hope the shorter needles and different spot helps!
ReplyDeleteUgh! I hope the new needles hurt!
ReplyDeleteUm, I'm going to assume the word "don't" got left out there. Ha!
DeleteThat does sound painful!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the nurse was able to accomodate with some adjustments, and I hope they do the trick! I used to complain all.the.time about the goopy, miserable crotch experience of Endometrin, but I count my lucky stars I was never given PIO.
ReplyDeleteHope you get some rest this weekend!
PIO is very miserable! I don't think I'm quite as uncomfortable as you described in your post but I definitely have bruising and hard lumps and sensitivity and even numbness back there. And I'm running out of good spots for my injections!
ReplyDelete