Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Good News!

I'm actually having a transfer!!! My lining was 11.48mm this morning, and my favorite sonographer described it as "beautiful." I am sooo relieved. I actually cried. (Let's blame that one on the hormones.) The nurse was totally sweet though and gave me a big hug and assured me I wasn't her first crier. I've just been so worried about this cycle, but I didn't want to bring it up here. "Woe is me" gets old, right? But I have been having so many cramps and general discomfort that it just seemed like something must be amiss again. I've described the feeling as what it would feel like if your uterus could be constipated. Glad that my worry has been all in vain. I was triggered in the office, and now it's just a 6 day wait until transfer. Tomorrow I also start the PIO, so any and all advice on that is more than welcome! Have I mentioned how excited I am to wake up to that every morning? Except I am excited. This is really happening!

P.S. For my own record keeping, I want to mention that Noah's first two-year molar has popped through. He seems to be handling it in typical Noah fashion. No big deal. He's such an easy kid. I'm so lucky! 

8 comments:

  1. Have you not done PIO before? Tips: ice the area before injection. You probably won't feel a thing if your arse is numb. It is actually possible to inject yourself but easier if your husband does it. Then apply a heating pad after, which helps disperse the oil and avoids leaving a painful lump.

    And how exciting that this is HAPPENING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no PIO before. I did suppositories last time. Thanks for the tips!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome that it's really happening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is friggen fantastic!!!! I am doing progesterone suppositories instead of PIO. I've heard to ice only for a short time and use a heating pad afterwards because the cold can make the oil thick once it goes in. Same as JB pretty much already said =)

    Way to go Noah, I wish our 2 year old molars came in without fan fare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the all clear on your transfer! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray and hurrah! I'm thrilled to read that you'll get to transfer this cycle. Break a stirrup!

    No 2-yr molars here yet, but it's nice to know some can emerge without a ruckus. Go Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Here from Cycle Sista. Great news on your transfer. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...def do not ice!!! Here are some tips that worked for me: http://infertilitydoessuck.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/pio-injection-tips/

    ReplyDelete