Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hormones Suck

My summer FET attempt was so smooth (except for the part where it got canceled...). I felt great. Zero med side effects, aside from a dull Lupron headache. I was feeling like this go round was equally easy. Then today happened. It wasn't even anything big. Just a couple of emails at work that stressed me out a little, and WHAM! Driving home I got all teary. I've never done an IVF/FET cycle during the school year before. This is going to be interesting.

Speaking of, I've had to alert the school secretaries and principals in each of my buildings, as well as the secretary of my department, to all of my medical appointments and 3-day medical leave. I have always been pretty open about how Noah came to be, so I think a lot of people are pretty darn suspicious. Those that I am closest to, including my special education teammates in each building, know exactly what's going on. But others are starting to guess. I'm not sure how I feel about so many people knowing. I just don't want to deal with questions if it doesn't work out this time around. 

4 comments:

  1. Working while on all those hormones is brutal. I had some meltdowns back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hormones do suck! I work at a small company and can't really keep it a secret either...it has it's pluses and minuses. Hope the hormonal moments keep to a minimum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it difficult to balance the topic of people knowing about our IVF vs. people not knowing. I just try to keep in mind that it's probably better if they do know because 1) we can definitely use all the prayers we can get and 2) I like to try to educate people on what IVF and infertility is really like.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete