Today was my third encounter with the wand in a week after 5 days of stims. Brian said he felt a little threatened by it. (It was his first time attending an u/s with me.) We had 9 follicles that they stopped to measure, and many other little guys waiting in the wings for their close-ups. Hopefully they'll be camera-ready next time. The lady drawing my blood today really jabbed me. My poor arm still hurts. Between my arms and tummy, I look like a junkie of some sort. Nothing like IVF to make you feel sexy. At least I'm not getting bloated. I can definitely see my ovaries slowly puffing up, but everything else looks the same. I'm wondering when they will be softball sized like the nurse originally described back in March. All I know is they have to be putting pressure on my bladder somehow.
At this point, I think the steroids I'm taking are what's messing with me most. I am constantly hungry, and if I don't eat as soon as the hunger sets in my stomach starts killing me. Anybody else on the dexamethasone bandwagon? It's the only med that they never told me why I had to take, and I keep forgetting to ask. One of the rare side effects is anaphylactic shock, and since I've been taking it my throat has felt really odd. I know I'm just being paranoid. I really need to stop reading about the side effects of all these meds. I'm gonna take em anyway...
Next appt: Thursday, July 23 @ 7:15. C'mon, really? All you have open is 7:15? Ugh.
ALL of my monitoring appointments have been between 6:30 and 7:30 AM! I actually like getting it out of the way, though. As for the steroid...I thought it was to prepare the lining for implantation, since mine started after retrieval; since yours is underway before retrieval....? I guess I still assume it's related to reducing anti-inflammatory responses that might be bad for an embryo trying to dig in. I am on prednisone. Not hungry, but I have a super dry mouth and am thirsty. Still pounding the gatorade!
ReplyDeleteyou are almost there, keep up the good work. Any date yet on your retrieval? I'll send good thoughts your way. Lupron shots start next week :( not a fan
ReplyDelete9 follicles after 5 days of stims sounds great!
ReplyDeleteHope your early appointment (yes, always early in the morning..) goes well.
Yay... good to know things are growing! As for the early appointments... I think the labs like to get done with the b/w early in the morning (to give you an updated schedule for the evening shots), which makes most RE's do their scan in the morning too. Our timings are between 0600 to 0730. How many more days will you be stimming... did they say anything?
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how much longer I have to go. I have a training for work this Friday and next, so I'm hoping the ER or ET timing will work out to get me out of one of them! :)
ReplyDelete