Monday, July 27, 2009

Blackjack!

21 eggs! I cried I was so relieved. Brian also had one of his highest counts thus far, so good news all around. I sure hope my eggs and his swimmers are as smitten with each other as we were 11 years ago in German class. We joked this morning about them being as awkward as we were with each other at first, but if they follow in our footsteps, they should all be perfect for each other. :)

ER was not the nightmare I was fearing it would be. The anesthetist was great and promised to keep me on the sleepier side, so it took me a little longer to wake up, but no complaints. I have mild cramps which tylenol is helping, and the most uncomfortable thing is that I feel pretty gassy.

Yesterday was actually far worse. I had to start doxycycline, and foolishly I only took it with a small glass of water. Bad idea. I was vomiting 30 minutes later, barely ate lunch, and napped nearly all day. Now I get to start medrol, which I have been told will make my cheeks turn pink and give me some pretty sweet hot flashes. At this point, I couldn't care less. I'm just so, so relieved!

1 comment:

  1. Take the dox with food! I have prayed to the porcelain god several times because of that nasty stuff. The medrol wasn't so bad, I didn't really notice anything horrible with it, maybe a little dry mouth (that could've been from anesthesia or pain meds, too). But dox is the devil.

    ReplyDelete