Monday, July 6, 2009

How Babies Are Really Made

I decided to start a blog about my experience with IVF after reading other people's versions. I feel like I'm part of some weird club I never thought I would be, but it's been nice to discover other "members" and read about their experiences. Infertility is pretty lonely sometimes. I think I'm a little out of the loop about it too, considering it takes me forever to dissect all the acronyms people use, and wonder if I missed getting a copy of the IVF to English dictionary. Oh well.

So here's our story. We started ttc (look at me go!) 1 year ago. Early on we decided to have my husband's count checked due to a medical history involving unfortunate soccer injuries. Our suspicions were confirmed in December, so we started talking to our RE about IUI. He told us it probably wasn't for us, and with my in-laws more than happy to fund IVF, we decided to go that direction. Now, here we are, beginning IVF cycle #1. We started Lupron shots (10u) last night, July 5th. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though the needle was longer than I remembered from the teaching session. I am having my husband give them to me, as I can't even look at the needle without feeling a little woozy. He bought me Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Chubby Hubby, and juice afterwards. I think he's very concerned for his safety right now. I've been reading about other people's reactions to Lupron and it doesn't sound fun, for the wife OR husband! So far, no side effects though. Just a little tenderness at the injection site.





2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet another July IVer! I look forward to reading your blog. Will you be doing IVF with ICSI too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, we'll be doing ICSI as well. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete