Friday, July 31, 2009

Looking Forward

Oh my gosh. It has been such a long journey getting here. I know that some people have been trying for a lot longer and have gone through much more heartbreak. However, I don't think it matters if you've been trying for 5 years or 5 months. When a medical professional hands you the news that you have basically no chance of conceiving a child naturally, it is absolutely devastating. It rips your heart wide open, and can nearly destroy the very foundation of a relationship you thought was built so well. We have been to hell and back this year. Thankfully we have been able to lay a new, stronger foundation over the last few months. And now here we stand, on the cusp of something so amazing and miraculous. I absolutely cannot believe that tomorrow I will be carrying home two beautiful embryos. Whether they stick or not, I am going to love them and cherish every moment we have together. I'm not taking anything for granted anymore. And I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow. I can't believe our transfers are on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck tomorrow! This is the first time I have been to your site. Is Gilbert a maltese? He looks just like my "baby" , a sweet little maltese.

    ReplyDelete