We then changed into our transfer gear and headed into the room. My favorite sonographer checked my bladder, which after 32oz of water still wasn't full. She gave me two water bottles and asked me to chug one and sip on the other. She came back twice to check on me, and after about 20 minutes my bladder was deemed full enough.
While we were waiting the embryologist came back in to explain that we would be able to watch him load the blast into the catheter on a television screen in front of us. I asked him how he thought our little guy looked and what the grade was. He told us that all of our frozen embryos were graded AA, and they don't usually change after thawing. We learned that six of our embryos were frozen singly, while two straws hold two embryos each. He also marveled at the sheer number of embryos we have left. His exact words were something like, "You've got a football team left in the freezer, so I think you're going to do okay."
Once my bladder was confirmed adequately full, the doctor came in, we watched the blast get sucked into the catheter, and then watched on the ultrasound as the blast was guided into my uterus. The doctor was very happy with the placement and wished us luck. My first beta is Thursday, October 4th. My plan for now is to avoid the POAS crazy train and enjoy believing that this worked until someone tells me otherwise. We'll see how I do!
I've been catching up on a lot of television today and eating pineapple that my MIL cut up for me. Like I said, my in-laws rock. I plan to take full advantage of my three days of bedrest to give this little guy the best possible chance of snuggling in. My rump hurts like hell from the PIO, and I think sitting around all day doesn't help it to feel better, but it's worth it if this works!
Thank you for all the well wishes! There are a few of us with transfers this week, and I'm thinking of all of you, too! C'mon BFPs!



I don't know, dude....crazy train....all aboard! Oct 4 is just around the corner, so hang in there...
ReplyDeleteI am glad everything went well today!! Hope you have great news in less than 2 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, your in-laws rock. Lucky are we who have wonderful mothers-in-law (and mothers, of course, . . .) :-)
ReplyDeleteRest up and keep calm. Gonna be a long week!
Yayayayayaay! I'm so glad it went well! Oct 4th is so soon. :D
ReplyDeleteWOO-HOO! Textbook transfer is just what we like to hear =) That is awesome that you have so many high quality blasts stored! Did they not want you to switch to suppositories from the PIO? Wishing you much luck in staying away from the sticks, that crazy train can be brutal for sure.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie pie that embie is!! Hoping so much for you that this little one sticks around for the long haul. Good luck with your 8-day wait!
ReplyDeleteMIL had to borrow Brian's computer, signing in doesn't seem to work on the iPad. Thank you for your kind comments! I am so touched. It is a joy to be here and be part of this. I hope I can make some small contribution to a successful transfer! And it has been a joy spending a few days here with you, Brian and Noah. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm still behind on my blog reading / commenting from having my FET last week but I still wanted to comment. :) You had to be on 3 days of bed rest? I thought I was going crazy during the 2 days my RE requires; I can't imagine one more day of that.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read the rest of your updates!