Monday, September 24, 2012

Let's Go!

Tomorrow is the big day. I’m feeling equal parts excited and nervous, which I think is pretty appropriate. I have been mentally ready for this for about the last 12 months, so it’s incredibly thrilling that we’re finally here. However, we all know there are no guarantees in this process so I’m still trying to keep an air of cautious optimism.

No matter how things turn out this cycle, I think it’s important for me to remind myself how blessed I already am. Noah is an amazing daily reminder that miracles happen, and good things come to those who wait. At the end of the day, I have a son and all of the memories we’ve made so far, and those things are mine forever. I already have the family I wanted for so long. I also have the most amazing and supportive friends and family who have been there for us both emotionally and financially through this whole process. Without them, we may not be where we are today. Speaking of my amazing family, today my mother-in-law flew to Denver to help out for the week. We really had to pull her teeth. (Ha!) Three days of bed rest wouldn’t be easy even with Brian staying home as well. Noah is quite attached to me these days, so I know it will be really fun for him to be distracted by his doting grandmother, and much easier on both me and Brian. And how lucky am I that I can honestly say that I’m really looking forward to her visit? I couldn’t have asked for better in-laws!

So if you feel like it, please say a little prayer or send some positive energy our way. Bring on the two week wait!

9 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of good vibes! Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hoping for good things to come! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very best, absolutely positively fantastic luck being sent your way today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, so happy to hear from you! It's been so long since you've posted. I hope all is well!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I really can't say that about my own inlaws!

    I am sending you prayers and good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!!! Hopefully I fell on the BFN side of our clincs stats so that you can fall on the BFP side ;-) I know it doesn't work that way but we can hope it does. Happy you have a lot of help this week. My DD did really well with me telling her that mama hurt her back and the doctor wanted me to lay down as much as possible. My DH also took her places in the mornings and with her napping in the afternoons that gave me at least 7-8 hrs of solid couch time a day. Sounds like your mind is in the perfect spot, counting all your miracles is so important. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Can't believe you have so many embryos frozen. Surely one will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm catching up on my blog reading after my transfer this week so my prayers are a little late but I'm still sending them for you! Good luck with your 2WW!

    ReplyDelete