Monday, August 24, 2009

Mondays Suck

A little over a week ago one of my friends called to ask how my blood test went. When I told her it was positive, she confided in me that she was 8 weeks pregnant. I was so excited for her since she has also had a difficult journey to conception. It was also exciting because we were 3 weeks apart. Today I received an email from her to inform me that she found out her pregnancy is no longer viable. I am so heartbroken for her. And selfishly, it scares the crap out of me. Pregnancy is so precarious. Waiting another week for my u/s is going to kill me. I'm terrified we won't see a heartbeat.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your friend! I am terrified with every wait and it seems like it will go on till we have healthy babies in hand! Try to hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so scared too!!! Hoping the best for your US next week too, and, sending out prayers for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I understand your fear. I am EXCITED beyond measure to start our donor egg cycle. And then I think of all the hurdles to a healthy baby. It takes me right back down. You have come so far...I am confident the ultrasound will bring comforting news! ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending positive vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete