I truly can't think of a better way to start a week. I woke up a million times last night, each time after a dream about finding no baby in there. But this morning, there it was. A perfect, white figure in a sea of black. A tiny little heart flickering in the darkness. And then the u/s tech said, "Now we're going to listen to the heartbeat." My heart melted. I have never heard anything more beautiful in my entire life. I still can't believe we could even hear such a tiny little thing. AMAZING. I could have sat in there watching and listening all day.
Everything appeared to be right on track. Baby measured exactly 7w0d, and the gestational sac came in at 6w4d (if I read the screen right, she didn't read it out loud), which she said was "good." Heart rate was 136bpm. My ovaries are still quite large, and she told me they'll slowly continue to shrink until around the 2nd trimester, at which point they should be back to normal. That was reassuring, as I will now attribute most pains to "un-growing" pains. She said it's normal to still feel ovarian pain. Phew. And now, baby photo!

So cute! I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations again! :)
ReplyDeletewonderful news and great first photo!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet is that? baby's first photo.
ReplyDeleteHe (or she) is gorgeous, Lisa. I think he has your eyes :).
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment the other day-silly crackberry!!! Congrats!!!! :). Were you released to your OB?
ReplyDelete