Today is my most medication-heavy day of them all. In the morning I had heparin, endometrin, and doxycycline. At lunch I had another dose of endometrin and medrol, plus two new estrogen patches. Tonight I have more endometrin, heparin, and doxycycline, plus an HCG booster shot. Then I have my prenatal, vitamin D3 and vitamin E supplements to take as well. My stomach feels like a pin cushion, but luckily it hasn't bruised too badly. The heparin injections are really easy, but they do leave small purple dots all over my stomach. It's quite attractive! I forgot just how nasty the endometrin suppositories are, but I still prefer them to the PIO shots. Unfortunately due to my thrombophilia issues, when I do eventually get pregnant I'll have to switch over to a progesterone injection, but it's only twice a week versus daily. For now I'll enjoy the painlessness of this all.
Our embryo will be thawed starting tomorrow afternoon. Since our snowbabies were slow frozen, they are also slow thawed. The nurse warned that God forbid things go horribly wrong, we'll get a phone call tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning. I really hope we don't get that phone call! Brian's mom got into town today to help out while I take it easy this week. I have mentioned how much I love my in-laws, right?
Wish us luck for a great transfer on Tuesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I felt like I almost did more drugs for my FET than my fresh cycles. So crazy! Happy you have some help and will be able to take it easy this week. Everything crossed for an uneventful thaw and transfer =)
ReplyDeleteGood LUCK!!! Thinking all positive thoughts for you!
ReplyDeleteI think of you everytime Dad gets his heparin belly shot.....sounds like a drink special in a college bar! I just wanted to add my good luck wishes from your in absentia sister, and to let you know that we are sending good will and happy wishes for success to the west. Dad keeps talking about how "all the grandkids" need to come fishing at the cabin. I believe it's one of those thoughts that will see him through this crisis. So, it's one of three things....He's putting the pressure on me while he has my sympathy (not likely), he's just as bat-shit crazy this week as he was last and thinks he has multiple grandkids (less likely - that was scary, but I do think the ICU psychosis has passed) OR while in a medically-induced coma he was in touch with whatever the hell is out there and foresaw that a new little spirit would come into your life (VERY likely). Can't wait to see you. All the best...Aimee
ReplyDeleteI'm blaming it on the hormones, but this made me all teary! Thanks for your support! And yes, get on that baby thing because Noah wants cousins! ;-)
Delete