Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Transfer Day

Does anyone else get a little crazy looking for signs before an embryo transfer? Last night I was fairly certain that we totally messed up our karma by killing our betta fish. I thought I was doing good by changing their water, but I think the water we replenished them with was too warm. One of the two survived, but it still seemed ominous for the night before a transfer. Then before bed I checked my email and found a nice note from my mom and a really sweet post from my sister. It made me feel better. This morning the signs seemed more positive. When I looked at my email, the first thing that popped up was a book recommendation from Amazon. The title of the book? "I Loved You Before You Were Born." On our way to the clinic (during an unexpected snowfall, wtf?!) the first song on the radio was "I Will Wait," which for anyone going through infertility may have also rung a bell with you at some point.

The transfer itself was fine. My bladder was seriously uncomfortable so I definitely was full enough this time around. The first attempt at the transfer didn't succeed and the embryo stayed put in the catheter, but the second attempt did the trick. I hope it's a sign that this baby likes to stick to things, especially my uterus! Dr. Albrecht explained that two embryos were thawed because the first one didn't survive, but the one we transferred looked perfect, as if it had never been frozen. After the transfer was complete, Dr. A held my hand and told me the mantra I must repeat until the result. "I intend to become a new parent." It made me cry, and then he told us he would be thinking good thoughts for us. Here's to hoping for a great outcome in two weeks!

I have a feeling this will be my hardest two week wait yet. Dr. A doesn't give results until the second beta draw, which won't take place until March 25! With our last transfer I really only had a 9 day wait. Thirteen days might be more than I can handle. I already have a box of HPTs ready to go, but I plan to wait until 10dp5dt which will be next Friday, the day of my first beta.

And now, here's our little cub (March has seriously come in like a lion this year)! What do you think, boy or girl? ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck for a quick and successful wait! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful blast!!! You're right, it looks like it was never frozen at all. Love Dr A and I'm sure his lab picked the stickiest of embies in the batch =) Can't believe he still makes you wait for the 2nd beta, but I remember that from our fresh cycle. Happy you plan to POAS before that though, I'm not sure I can take the wait *LOL* Looks like a girl to me. I also look for crazy signs that it worked or didn't. I can convince myself either way it seems. Sending all the snuggle in vibes I can muster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more signs:
    1. Today is Grandma Ackerblade's birthday.
    2. I just heard Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as I was writing this post. For those that don't know, I am at the hospital and they play this every time a baby is born.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. heeheehee! Transfer day! I vote for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry I haven't been very good @ commenting lately!! What a beautiful embie!!! I will be cheering you on & also repeating your REs mantra!!! Fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck. That is a good looking embryo. Hoping you have a peaceful 2WW.

    ReplyDelete