Thursday, March 21, 2013

ICLW - Welcome!

Welcome ICLW participants! I’ve seen ICLW around before, but I never really joined in because I didn’t totally understand it and was too lazy to bother to research it (you know, the whole 5 seconds that would take is too much). CycleSista was a site that had given me a ton of support when I first started my IVF journey, and for me it felt like enough. Recently I went to CycleSista and asked to be added back to their list for March and it seems as though whoever runs that site has abandoned it. Even though I have a wonderful group of ladies who have supported me throughout all my years of TTC and blogging, it’s always nice to find some people who are in the same place you are. Most of my blog friends have achieved their dream of a second baby, so there aren’t a lot of people at the same point in this journey. So in a nutshell, that’s why I thought I would give ICLW a shot. Don’t get me wrong though. I didn’t join solely to find cycle buddies or anything like that. I love reading all kinds of TTC, infertility, parenting, adoption, and loss blogs, so this seems like a good fit.

For anyone new to my blog, I’ll quickly catch you up to speed. My husband and I met in high school and married in 2004. We started TTC in July 2008, and quickly suspected something was wrong. By January 2009 we had a diagnosis of male factor infertility. We were told by our RE that IUI would be a long shot and his recommendation was to seek out a clinic to do IVF (because our HMO doesn’t do it or cover it). In July 2009 we did our first IVF cycle and in April 2010 my son Noah was born. We were lucky enough to freeze 10 blasts, so last summer we decided to try for baby number two. Our FET in July was canceled due to an abnormal ultrasound, but our FET in September did the trick and we thought we must be the luckiest infertile couple ever. Two single embryo transfers and two pregnancies? Unheard of, right?! Sadly we ended up finding out we lost our baby girl at my 9-week graduation ultrasound. Because the baby tested normal chromosomally, I was given a major blood work up where I was diagnosed with two heterozygous MTHFR mutations and a clotting disorder known as AT3. I was told that I would need to be on blood thinners for any future pregnancies. On March 12, we did our most recent FET. I am currently in the dreaded 2ww with my first beta scheduled for tomorrow. Our clinic makes you wait until the second beta to get a result, so I am planning to take a HPT tomorrow night. Although I feel way saner in this 2ww than I ever have before, I don’t want to wait until Monday to find out.

I also write a lot about my son here, although he’s kind of taken a backseat around here lately due to my current cycle. He’s a pretty great little guy. I can’t believe he’s going to be three years old just one month from today! Where did my little baby go?!

10 comments:

  1. I'm not participating in ICLW but just wanted to say, good luck tomorrow! I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW! Wishing good thoughts for your current FET!! We have a severe MFI as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW...good luck on your FET...I hope you get your bfp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for you to POAS, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from ICLW. Good luck on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear @ your poas results and beta! I have a good feeling for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from ICLW! Ugh, 2ww are the worst. Sincerely hoping that you get some happy news! So far 2013 seems pretty awesome, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. I stopped by from ICLW because the name of your blog made me laugh, and anyone who can make me laugh over infertility is awesome. Best of luck with your tests tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from ICLW! You sound really calm for the end of your 2WW! Good luck with your beta results!

    ReplyDelete