Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Officially" Negative

When I went in for my second beta yesterday, it was without the previous nervous anxiety I've always had in the past. No wondering of what the second number would be and worrying if it doubled. The lab chick told me I would get a call between 3:00 and 3:30, so when 4:55 rolled around I was starting to get annoyed. Obviously I knew the results, but I wanted to make sure without any doubt that I could stop wasting meds by continuing to take them. I finally called them and got a message that the clinic was now closed. I was so pissed off. I decided to take one last test, just to make sure, and then made the executive decision to stop everything. Then, around 5:15, they finally called. I spared the nurse from actually having to give me the news and told her I already knew. She apologized and transferred me to the receptionist to make my consult appointment. I have to wait until April 11th which bums me out because I kind of hoped we could just roll right into another cycle. But, true to IF form, it's at least a three month wait between tries. Not fair. In the meantime, I will enjoy my sporadic alcoholic beverages, blue cheese, and decaf coffee. I know, dream big!

I'm making this my last post about this cycle, so stay tuned for happier topics ahead! I actually do have a life outside of IF, and it's way more fun.

4 comments:

  1. HUGS!! So sorry about the failed cycle and how it seemed prolonged by their overdue phone call. Enjoy your break from TTC! And Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craziness. At both of the clinics I have used, the doc would give me a call, we'd talk briefly about what's next, and I'd call on CD1. Sorry you had to deal with that BS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, thanks for taking away the letter/number verification thing!

    ReplyDelete