skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Pea in its Pod

Yes, 1 pea. Walking in to the clinic today, we really thought we were going to choose 2 embryos for the transfer. Then the embryologist greeted us and started absolutely gushing about the quality of our little embryos. She even said something to the effect of, "it's almost a question of how pregnant you want to get." She sat down with us and showed us the picture of our 11 grade A blastocysts and continued to gush about them. According to her, all 11 looked better than the model photo they use during their consultations. In fact, she went as far as to say she wanted to wallpaper her office with our photos. It was really exciting! She also showed us how some of the embryos have even begun to hatch, which apparently is a really good sign for implantation. Then she started busting out the statistics for single embyro transfers versus double embryo transfers. She estimated that transferring 2 would probably only increase our odds by 5%. Brian and I were left to think and we still decided on 2. I was brought into the room for the transfer and a little later Dr. A met with us. The first words out of his mouth were, "Are you sure you want to transfer 2?" We discussed the risks of a twin pregnancy (he guessed our odds would be about 60%), and success rates and costs of FET. After all that, along with the continued encouragement of the embryologist, we changed our minds and went with one. Although I would love a near guarantee for this to work the first time, the reality is there is no rush. We have 10 little babies on ice waiting for their chance someday.
Wow... that is awesome! Great job with your embies! I am so sure you are going to see a BFP real soon! Can't wait for your beta. I remember you said you would a HPT... when are you planning on doing it?
ReplyDeleteWhat a great pea it is then!
ReplyDeleteHope it is lucky for me! :) About the surreal part... the other day I saw an ad where this girl is telling her mom that the doc just told them they are gonna have triplets... & she looks like 20 weeks pregnant... who figures out they are having 3 so late??? I was like she had to have had a IUI/IVF for triplets and would probably be tracking it right away (after a positive test)! I was like thats a dumb ad... and then I was like, holy crap - when we have baby(ies) they are gonna be IVF baby(ies)!!! It just hit me... it's like a dream mission right now and I don't know what to expect when it comes to an actual baby!!! That is crazy!
ReplyDeletethanks for the read. We have been struggling with deciding how many embies to transfer. when the time comes in a few short weeks. To hear someone elses decisions is comforting in the process. Have you had the transfer yet? I will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well! Can't wait to hear your beta results!
ReplyDeleteOoooo, your picture is so cool! SO glad of the fabulous quality. Here we go waiting!!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's really great news! Good luck with the wait..stay busy!
ReplyDeleteYour pic is amazing. What an awesome feeling. Good luck during the 2 week wait. Get ready for your BFP!
ReplyDeleteYou have an award waiting at my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteJust awarded you the Lovely Blog Award...you can check it out on my blog. It's kind of sweet and someone sent it to me so I am passing it along to you! Thanks for your lovely blog. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW- your embryos is GORGEOUS!!! How wonderful to be in the position of transferring less, rather than more, because of embie quality! Sending lots of sticky vibes your way!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful embryo!! Congratulations! Looking forward to following your story.
ReplyDelete