Thursday, March 28, 2013

Miscellaneous Updates

Well, I TOTALLY sucked at ICLW. That is definitely the first and last time I will participate. I couldn't read 5 new blogs per day in addition to the ones I already follow, let alone comment on them. Although it was fun to get a few extra (ok, a lot extra) comments, the ones from you girls who actually follow me are more meaningful anyway. Lesson learned.

There are some big things happening on the homefront. In two short days, my house is hitting the market. Brian's dream is to move up into the small foothills community that he teaches and coaches in, and although it will mean a crazier commute for me, I'm going along with the plan. I really hate that Noah will have to switch daycare because I love the woman who watches him and despite how crazy expensive she is, I trust her completely with his well-being. I will also miss being able to walk to the neighborhood park and enjoy the four community pools we have access to. It's going to be quite an adjustment. So if you know of any infertile friends wanting to move to Colorado, let them know we live about 15 minutes from CCRM! (And about a mile away from another very reputable fertility clinic which happened to knock me up twice.) ;)

Moving on, Ed is doing amazing! It's been a crazy rollercoaster ride, but he is currently in a rehab facility trying to get his muscles, kidneys, and lungs healthy enough for his bypass. He has made progress by leaps and bounds and finally got to take the dialysis port out of his neck. No more dialysis! Just this week he did end up with a rather large blood clot in his right arm so he has to get a heparin drip which stinks. But overall he's doing so well and we all feel like we have definitely witnessed a miracle.

And on that note, I'm going to ask a favor of you all. A family friend of mine gave birth to her daughter last night. It happened rather quickly, with the delivery taking place in her mother-in-law's car on the way to the hospital. The birth was physically traumatic for her daughter, and she is in NICU with a collapsed left lung and left-side heart complications. If you could please send out some healing thoughts or prayers for baby Libby, I would appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Very exciting about your house and Ed too!! I am glad he is doing well. I am so sorry @ your friend's DD. Lots of PT&Ps for baby Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your house! You are such a supportive wife to make the move even though it will make the commute longer. So happy to hear that Ed is doing so much better, so amazing =) Lots of PTs for little Libby. How is she doing today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed at the ICLW again to. I gear up to do a good job, but by the 21st of the month, I'm all blogged & commented out. Don't give up. Give it at least another go. You might surprise yourself.

    ReplyDelete