Friday, March 29, 2013

A Day at the Park

My spring break this year has been a bit gloomy. We had a snowstorm the first day, a negative beta result, and a whole week of cleaning the house to get it ready for the market. Not exactly the relaxing happy time I envisioned for myself. Today was beautiful so I decided to take Noah to the park. It was just what the doctor ordered!

After watching a little girl who just turned 2 do it, Noah finally mustered up the courage to try the "big red slide" all by himself. His review: "That slide's too bumpy, Mommy!"

Happy in the swing. Oh, those eyelashes are going to get him out of so much trouble!

"I'm swingin' high, Mommy!"

You shall not pass.
After a while I was getting warm and decided to cool off in the shade of the park shelter. I was still close enough to overhear Noah talking to a little boy under the playground equipment. Noah was happily dumping little pieces of mulch through a hole and the other boy kept asking how old he was. Noah finally responded that he was two (Much to my proud amazement. He usually doesn't get that right!). The other boy told him, "I'm six. That makes me... (counting on fingers) ...4 years older than you!" Noah looked up at him and said, "I'm Noah. I'm at the park with my mommy. My mommy is really nice!" And in that moment, my heart melted into a puddle and I fell even deeper in love with my son than I ever thought I could. Thank you Noah, Mommy needed that!

6 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there for part of it. So nice to hear that Noah seems to like his mommy. A lot. :-)
    Oh and the eyelash caption? I suspect those eyelashes might get him INTO so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to enjoy the nice day with your little boy!!! Hugs on having a difficult spring breaks!! So glad we have our little guys to help us through the difficult times. I couldn't imagine this past year without him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart! With lines like that, he's going make some girl a very happy lady one day...
    I just love K's spontaneous "Oooh Mama, I like your shirt" comments, but I think this one from Noah really takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like our little ones know when our hearts need a boost =) Good job Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute kiddo! I just found your blog today, but I'm adding it to my blog list. :)

    ReplyDelete